First things first, what did I set out to do? :)
I am certainly not changing the world one blog post at a time, but here are some high (and low) lights of the week.
- I read a non-law book. The whole thing. Whoops. Maybe this is why I do not read non-law books during the semester. I have a tendency to ignore all other things (like husbands, children, assignments...) in order to finish the thing. And I may or may not have gone and bought the next book in the series.
- I bought foot-less tights. This scares me, and I had to consult with multiple people to make sure that the outfit I am planning to wear tonight (to a fun birthday celebration) is not a failure.
- I may or may not have spent one of my classes searching for shoes to wear with my cocktail dress. I love these and these and these.
- I helped start a blog -- see yesterday's post
- I ran 5 miles in 40 minutes. This was a highlight until I woke up the next day and hurt everywhere. I think slower is going to be better. But I found out this week that Ellen is definitely coming in to run the half-marathon with me, so I need to keep training (I will be blogging on the progress of this once my legs don't hate me). I also decided on a tattoo to get with her afterwards. I want to use the kiddos thumb prints and make a heart-like this. Ellen is getting an angel on her bicep-she is cooler than me :)
Also in my weekly inventory I am trying to think of what would make my blog better. I was getting down on myself earlier in the week because I feel like my posts are all over the place and probably dribble to most people (can you tell I am a mental girl :)?) I was trying to think of what my niche should be.
Should I focus more on food and exercise?
Should I write more about my faith?
Should I attempt more fashion posts?
Should I focus on fun activities instead of the mundane day-to-day?
In the end, I remembered that this blog is about process.
It's about the process of being healthy
It's about the process of being made holy
It's about the process of my poor friends teaching me fashion
So sometimes it will be fun... sometimes it will be mundane... but it will always be my life in process.