Thursday, February 24, 2011

food and photographs

I love food. Eating it. Cooking it. Buying it. And now photographing it. I follow a few blogs of people that cook, and I love the photos they take of the process. It is really difficult to do without help though!Yesterday I made lentil sloppy joes. It is a relatively easy recipe, but I almost over-cooked the lentils trying to snap some pics of the veggies. And since I was on my own (well Libby and Joe were there, but they are not allowed to touch the new camera), I couldn't take any action shots of chopping or scooping or stirring. But I still love the vibrant colors of the veggies and the warm feeling I get thinking about cooking.So here is my first step-by-step photo recipe. I hope there are more to come!

Put 1 cup of lentils and 2 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Cover and reduce heat for 10 minutes.


While that is working, get out an onion, 3 carrots, and 3 stalks of celery.



Chop.



Add veggies to the pot along with 3/4 cup Ketchup, 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, and 2 Tablespoons of cider vinegar.


Stir.



Pour everything into a crock pot and set on low for 10 hours (or high for 4-6).



Put a spoonful of the lentil mixture on bun (this is actually a thin);
top with cheese (shredded cheddar).


Libby wanted to be the waitress.


RECIPE:
1 cup lentils
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups carrots chopped
1 1/2 cups celery chopped
1 onion chopped
3/4 cup Ketchup
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
Buns
Cheese
Put lentils and water in a pot; bring to a boil; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add the next 7 ingredients. Stir. Pour contents of the pot into crock pot. Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Put a spoonful of lentil mixture on a bun and top with cheese.

P.S. I think that this recipe would be great with just plain bbq sauce (a veggie substitute for pulled pork)


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....