Scott and Danie's house during one of many jam sessions.
Maybe I should whip out the clarinet and add some soul to the groove :)
BUT music still has a special place in my life. I cannot play it. I cannot sing well. But it stirs me. I identify with the words and the melodies. I connect with the beat. Sometimes a song says my thoughts better than I am able to articulate them. I get lost in music.
And today I am lucky enough that my boss is sending me on a field trip to Doddridge County to do title work. So I can crank up the volume and enjoy the simple pleasure of being in the music.
My CD player currently contains:
- Mindy Smith , One Moment More -- I threw this in there this morning cause I hadn't listened to her in years, and she has an amazing voice!
- Needtobreath , The Heat -- Cminus plays some of their stuff, and I forgot how much I like it, so in the CD player it went.
- Amos Lee, Mission Bell -- voice like butta
- Monsters of Folk -- a group of superb musicians with a folky vibe
- The Swell Season --oh Glen Hansard how I LOVE THEE (if you have not seen the movie Once, go watch it NOW, incredible.
It is going to be a lovely day!