Tomorrow begins week number 2 as vegetarians. This is not a forever thing, but Corey and I have both been really committed. So first thing this morning, we started meal planning for the week and creating a grocery list. We are having a blast creating delicious and healthy options for the family, and the kiddos have been really on board too (Joe adored the lentil sloppy joes :).
So what are we making this week?
- Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup with grilled cheese-made with the leftover gruyere and raclette--recommended by the Kroger cheese lady (who loved our kids and gave them cookies)
- Roasted squash and ricotta stuffed shells -- thanks Danielle
- Three bean chili
- Spicy Chinese Lo Mein--with TOFU. Corey took a deep breath and put it in the cart! I love Tofu, but have never made it myself, so here's hoping this recipe doesn't disappoint.
- Boca burgers with oven fries
- Whole wheat pasta with asparagus and mushrooms
I am really excited about meal planning. Knowing that we are eating fresh foods that are healthy and delicious keeps my spirits high--especially since it seems like winter will never end! Plus it is a fun thing that Corey and I can do together.
OK so here is a great recipe for people with a sweet tooth! It is from weight watchers and you can tweak it to suit your taste.
Frozen Peanut Butter Cups
1 medium tub lite cool whip
1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
chocolate syrup (I use lite)
mini chocolate chips (optional)
Line a muffin pan with paper cups. Mix the peanut butter and thawed cool whip together. Add mini-chips (my friend said she crushed up oreos and put them in). Spoon equal amounts into each cup. Squeeze syrup over the top. Freeze.
These are a great go-to snack, especially if you are like me and NEED sweet things daily.
Off to run in the sunshine... so I can enjoy lots of cheese and ciabatta tonight!