Saturday, February 26, 2011

Planning for the week ahead...


Tomorrow begins week number 2 as vegetarians. This is not a forever thing, but Corey and I have both been really committed. So first thing this morning, we started meal planning for the week and creating a grocery list. We are having a blast creating delicious and healthy options for the family, and the kiddos have been really on board too (Joe adored the lentil sloppy joes :).

So what are we making this week?

  • Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup with grilled cheese-made with the leftover gruyere and raclette--recommended by the Kroger cheese lady (who loved our kids and gave them cookies)
  • Roasted squash and ricotta stuffed shells -- thanks Danielle
  • Three bean chili
  • Spicy Chinese Lo Mein--with TOFU. Corey took a deep breath and put it in the cart! I love Tofu, but have never made it myself, so here's hoping this recipe doesn't disappoint.
  • Boca burgers with oven fries
  • Whole wheat pasta with asparagus and mushrooms
We also let ourselves grab some snacks--veggies and tortilla chips to eat with hummus (made my own today and it is delicious!), jalapeno chips (cause they are yummy), and stuff to make my peanut butter cups (recipe to follow).

I am really excited about meal planning. Knowing that we are eating fresh foods that are healthy and delicious keeps my spirits high--especially since it seems like winter will never end! Plus it is a fun thing that Corey and I can do together.

OK so here is a great recipe for people with a sweet tooth! It is from weight watchers and you can tweak it to suit your taste.




Frozen Peanut Butter Cups
1 medium tub lite cool whip
1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
chocolate syrup (I use lite)
muffin cups
mini chocolate chips (optional)


Line a muffin pan with paper cups. Mix the peanut butter and thawed cool whip together. Add mini-chips (my friend said she crushed up oreos and put them in). Spoon equal amounts into each cup. Squeeze syrup over the top. Freeze.

These are a great go-to snack, especially if you are like me and NEED sweet things daily.

Off to run in the sunshine... so I can enjoy lots of cheese and ciabatta tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....