Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snack Attack

While I had fully planned to eat a quick bowl of cereal last night after my 12 hour stint at the law school, I got home and had an inexplicable desire for snack food. Ok. So not really inexplicable cause I love snacks and I want to eat them all the time. That said, I started formulating thoughts in my brain.

Do I want salsa and sour cream on veggies and chips?
No. we did mexi the night before.

Do I want peanut butter and chocolate chips on graham crackers?
No. I wanted salty.

So I looked in the fridge and pulled out the following:

  • One carrot
  • Two celery stalks
  • 1/4 green pepper
  • Neufchatel cheese (I pretty much think that cream cheese can be added to anything and it will make it better)
  • garlic powder
  • cayenne pepper

I put half the cheese in a bowl and nuked it for 30 seconds to soften. I diced the veggies super small and added them to the bowl along with a dash of garlic powder and cayenne pepper. It was a delicious, homemade veggie dip that I served with pretzels (I am also a firm believer that whatever a cracker can do, a pretzel can do better) and crackers. I threw some cut up apple and cheddar on the plate too. Add a glass of wine and it was a perfect snack for me and the hubs to watch Tosh.0.

ALSO: I am at work today which means that I had to dress myself nicely. I liked my outfit, so I snapped a photo (not the best, but it's a mirror in Libby's room, so what does one expect). Anyways, I put a navy suit skirt with a more casual navy pin stripe shirt that I got from Forever21 (with danie, who as I have mentioned is not too proud to dress me). I threw on my red flats and some fun earrings. I am not much of an accessorizor--but baby steps. For now, hair is my accessory :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....