Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen!!

Today was Easter. The day we celebrate that Jesus rose from the grave--conquering sin and death. We spent our morning worshiping on the mountain--literally. Our church rented out Dorsey's Knob cabin and we celebrated our Savior's victory together up there. It was AWESOME!

Being me, setting aside studying is difficult. I am a worrier--anxiety, stress; I feel the need to be a great student. BUT... God has been teaching me a lot lately. And from a rather odd place--Libby's bible. We bought the kiddos a new bible about a month ago called the "Jesus Storybook Bible" and it is awesome. Every story ties in to Jesus at the end--a picture of the great plan that God had for all the world. So last night we read the Easter story--Jesus' death and resurrection.

Several things grabbed me...
1. When Jesus is taking on the sin of the world this little kid bible says ...

"Papa?" Jesus cried, frantically searching the sky.
"Papa? Where are you? Don't leave me!"
And for the first time - and the last - when he spoke, nothing happened. Just a horrible, endless silence. God didn't answer. He turned away from his Boy.
Tears rolled down Jesus' face. The face of the One who would wipe away every tear from every eye.

2. Jesus' actual death...

Then Jesus shouted in a loud voice, "It is finished!"
And it was. He had done it. Jesus had rescued the whole world.
"Father!" Jesus cried. " I give you my life." And with a great sight he let himself die.

3. Jesus' commission...

Jesus said, "Go everywhere and tell everyone the happy news! Tell them I love them so much that I died for them. It's the Truth that overcame the terrible lie. God loves his children. Yes, he really does!"
4. Jesus' promise...

"Even though you won't be able to see me anymore, I will never leave you. No! Not ever! I will be with you. Yes! Always and forever!"


Sometimes it takes a child's perspective for me to see just how much God loves me; and how he demonstrated that great love on Easter. I hope all of you see how you are loved. He is Risen!!

1 comment:

  1. Great lessons that I all too often forget. Meant to tell you at church that I have been reading your blog (hope that's not too stalker-ish) and I'm praying for your finals!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my happy....