Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend in Review

The weekend was damp--ok downright soaked. And COLD! I mean it is October, but I was unprepared for 44 degree weather. Still, we made the most of it. Friday night the kiddos and I (and my momma) bundled up and went to the Homecoming Parade. It rained and rained, but my kids were so excited--jump over to the family blog to see some pics.

Saturday morning, we had a wonderful family breakfast. I think it needs to be a tradition! We whipped up some blueberry muffins (for Joe) and sausage (for Libby) with lots of French pressed coffee for me and the hubs (YES--my husband is now a coffee drinker-who would've ever thought?). We hung out around the table and enjoyed each other's company for a while before Corey had to head to his gig.

Joe "reading" me the recipe

The coffee drinking Bozics
The kiddos and I spent the rest of the day indoors. It would have been great to go to the game, but wrangling two kids in the dreary conditions didn't seem like a good plan. Instead we watched from the warmth of our basement. They even performed a half-time show for me.



Later on Meghan paid a visit. She and I made some snacks and had some wine. It was great to catch up and hang out. We threw on PJs just in time for Corey to get home. The three of us watched the documentary about Conan and called it a night.
This was actually before the Marshall game--aren't we cute in our dark gray shirts :)

 Sunday was church and lunch with Meghan and the med students (band name possibility?). Then HOMEWORK. 7 hours in the same chair is too many. But the finish line is in sight--8 months. That's the long term excitement...the short term excitement?? Spending some Q-time with these people in 3 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....