Friday, September 30, 2011

cityChurch |:| encouragment

We had our community group last night--the topic? encouragement. We looked at different stories in the Bible where God encouraged his People-Moses, Elijah, Peter, but the one that stood out to me was Joshua.

In Joshua 1, God tells Joshua that he is to lead the Israelites into the promised land without Moses. Moses was the leader all through the desert-Exodus. But God wanted Joshua to be the leader now. And over and over God reassures Joshua-don't be afraid, I'm here. Joshua 1:9 was one of those verses I clung to in high school. I had it memorized...I wrote it in my locker. But sometime in the last 10 years, I forgot it. But what a powerful thing to be reminded of - everyday. Don't be discouraged. Why? Because God is with you wherever you go. HE is capable, HE is strong, HE is powerful. And HE is with me.

and I want to encourage those around me--like he tells me to. "Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but ENCOURAGING one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....