Monday, September 19, 2011

Even now...

"Even now," declares the Lord,

"return to me with all your heart,

with fasting and weeping and mourning."


Rend your hearts and not your garments.

Return to the Lord your God for he is gracious and compassionate

slow to anger and abounding in love and he relents from sending calamity.


Joel 2:12-13


Even now... when I am stressed out. Even now... when I am tired and feeling less than patient. Even now...when circumstances seem overwhelming. Even now.

The Israelites were getting bombarded with an army of locusts, and God was asking them to return to him-even now. Why? because he is gracious and compassionate. Because he is slow to anger and abounding in love. And he is that for me too. No matter what is on my plate it is not too much for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....