Thursday, September 8, 2011

the season I love the most...

I am in love with Autumn. It is my favorite season. Today I went to lunch with my friend Anna and we had a very autumnal meal--butternut squash and apple bisque with a Cinnamon-y snickerdoodle for desert (that I am currently enjoying with a pumpkin spice coffee). It made me want to tell everyone all the reasons that I love this time of year...








Fall is the season that I drink yummy hot drinks like pumpkin spice coffee and mulled apple cider. It is when I get to don my very favorite types of clothes-(jeans and cardigans and comfy scarves).





The air seems to smell of Cinnamon.


Every weekend is spent cheering on the Mountaineers with family and friends.





The Appalachian mountains turn fiery shades of red and gold and orange.


It is the season where all I want to do is curl up under a blanket with a good book.





Hearty soups and chilli's are staples on the dinner table, and potlock dinners feature casseroles with squash and potatoes. I love that there is chill in the air but sunshine on your face.






Fall just feels like home-comfortable and cozy. Full of warmth. It is my favorite season, but always ends too quickly. I am hoping to hang onto it a bit longer this year.


images from my pinterest. Follow me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....