Thursday, September 15, 2011

Social media...

The other day I tweeted about Lisa Loeb's song "Stay." A little while later, my friend Ambria replied that she too was a Loeb-lover. And today she introduced me to the line of glasses that Lisa Loeb has created. I LOVE this pair!!


Social media is a funny thing. We are more connected and in a way more disconnected because of it. I absolutely LOVE that I can communicate with my far away friends easily. I LOVE that I can be a part of even the little parts of people's lives. I love when my friends post funny videos that make me laugh (hysterically)--like this one...


But I don't like that it replaces actual contact with people. I love face-to-face interaction!! I don't like that people are mean...that feelings get hurt...that I waste a ridiculous amount of time on it. It's a tough line to walk on between connected and disconnected. But alas...social media is here and I like it more than I don't like it (most of the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....