Monday, October 24, 2011

Eye on the PRIZE

The semester is more than halfway over. It is the part of the semester that begins to pick up in regard to workload. I am in the midst of researching to write a bill for legislation, reading filings for clinic, and just getting through the regular course load. So of course it is completely reasonable for me to make some additional goals, right? 

A few things have been rolling around in my head to do, and sometimes you just have to START. 

One is scripture memorization.
One of my blogger-pals Amanda shared her scripture memory system (started by Beth Moore) on her blog. I am going to steal it and make it my own. You need a spiral notebook of index cards and a bible :). The concrete goal? Two verses per month for a total of 24 for the year. I do not know where I will start, but I am sure I will post them as I memorize them. 

Another goal is to make exercise a priority again
This semester has been an energy drainer. But I am tired of excuses. So I dusted off the elliptical and dragged myself out of bed this morning. It felt great. The concrete goal? elliptical 2x a week, one long run and maybe some yoga in there somewhere. 

FINALLY, over Christmas I will make a quilt
I like the nine-patch pattern

This goal requires help from my very crafty Mother in law. But I have had the material for a few years, and I want to MAKE IT! I have enjoyed knitting so much in the last few weeks-creating something functional with my own hands. A quilt is a much bigger time commitment, so it must wait until school is not in the way. 

I like setting goals. I like having things to work toward. Even in the midst of school's chaos and crazy schedules. Even in the middle of it all. 

1 comment:

  1. Steal away :) I find that it's in my busiest seasons that I have the motivation to add more to my plate. A little nuts, but I just like having things to DO. I am in awe of quilters. I can't even sew buttons on, ha!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my happy....