Wednesday, October 26, 2011

a tree



Today I took a picture of a tree outside my office. 
And I liked it.
I liked looking at it. It is a perfect little tree. 
And sometimes looking at a perfect little tree makes a dreary day less dreary.

Trees are some of my favorite things. I love them in spring and summer when their leaves are full and green and beautiful. I love walking through the woods and seeing the light filter through the canopy. I love them in fall when the leaves turn fabulous colors and set our hills on fire. And even in winter. When the leaves have fallen and the trees stand bare. I love the look of them-it is a lonelier look, but one that I appreciate and understand. It is certainly one of the reasons Ansel Adams is my favorite photographer. 

So today is about a tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....