Tuesday, March 15, 2011

deep *sighs* of relief

Memo done *exhale*. .

But the deep *sigh* comes from a lovely coffee date with Chelsy. She and I are holding each other accountable to reading our bibles everyday and treat ourselves to coffee on Tuesdays to discuss what we are learning.

The BIG thing that I have learned is an intersection of what we have been reading and what Trey talked about at church. This idea of action and response and motive. A few phrases have been standing out to me

Therefore, in view of God's mercy... (Romans 12:1)
and
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ...(Colossians 3:1)
and
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved...(Colossians 3:12)

It is really hard not to talk about things to DO. I am doing something all the time. I want to be told what to do to be a better student, wife, mother. Give me action steps. But then I read these phrases and I see that as a believer, my actions are a RESPONSE. God has been merciful to me. I have been raised with Christ. I am His chosen child. Therefore I ACT.

These verses all end with action steps. But I do it backwards every time. I do the ACTION. I try to be patient and kind. I try to transform my mind and get rid of the old negative mindset. But then I fail. Because it starts with His mercy and love. Oh but deep *sigh*, living in the constant knowledge of his mercy and choosing is HARD! I'm so lucky to have a friend to slap me in the face with it occasionally :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....