Thursday, March 17, 2011

Book Worm--Volume 4

Currently

I'm so glad that it is *almost* spring break and that a long road trip is in my very near future (as in tomorrow :). Both of these mean that I get to get absorbed into a good book. [SIDE-NOTE: I am really loving my free 1 year Amazon Prime membership. I ordered my book a couple days ago and got free 2-day shipping so that it would be here in time for the road trip mentioned above].

So the first book on the list is...




This is the last in the trilogy written by Steig Larsson. I have mentioned that I was reading the others, but I have not had a chance to elaborate. They fit into the mystery, detective, crime genre. The books follow Lisbeth Salander.
image from huffingtonpost.com
Usually I am not a fan of main characters that I cannot relate to, but I really enjoy these books. Lisbeth is apparently partly based on Pippi Longstocking-a dysfunctional girl, who has a hard time fitting into "normal society" but is extremely smart and strangely attractive to those around her.--she is slightly obsessed with math, so I guess we aren't TOO different-- The character development is well done, and I am generally good at picking "whodunit" but I was pleasantly surprised to be surprised at the end of the first book. It's also kind of nifty that the books take place in Sweden-lots of IKEA references.

I have had a hard time putting the previous two books down, and I have heard that the third is the best. Luckily Corey put together some good music for the trip down because I will be otherwise occupied :)

PS--Fashion Note. I love days where my outfit is a NO brainer! LET'S GOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....