Sunday, March 27, 2011

Boo...

Breaks are never long enough. Now I am surrounded by the all too familiar law books that make my brain seize up and my eyes droopy. I have been sitting in this chair for exactly 1 hour and I have read 14 pages (if you count the dissent which I skimmed). So boo to the end of break and fun reading... boo to the upcoming finals-season which requires me to become a law hermit....BOO.

BUT...I am encouraged by all the words God seems to be speaking into my heart as of late. Especially Lamentations 3:19-23 (NIV)

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
YET THIS I CALL TO MIND AND THEREFORE I HAVE HOPE:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I'm going to try to keep it at the forefront of my mind that it is because of HIS love that I am not CONSUMED. Finals--and especially finals prep are CONSUMING. It is all we talk about, all we do. We outline and plan and study and read. We whine about everything and eat greasy food and chocolate (and drink EPIC amounts of coffee) to make the days seem better. But I am going to cling to the knowledge that I am not consumed. Because the Lord has compassion on me--every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....