Tuesday, January 25, 2011

thoughts on exercise...

I created my schedule to only have class two days a week--but that means that I live at the law school from 8:30 am - 7:20 pm on Tuesdays. By my last class, I am basically just warming a seat. Today I used one of my breaks to go to the Rec and run. While this adds to the exhaustion, it also relieves a lot of the stress.

Me: pre-kiddos--pre exercise
Me: post-kiddos (in Punta Cana with Corey) after exercising for 6 months

I am not an exerciser by nature. I had to will myself to get off the couch after Joe was born. And I hated it. I hated it everyday until I loved it. Many factors contributed to my overall success in getting healthy post-babies. One HUGE one was my support system. Corey was great about letting me workout and my best friend Ellen pushed me to do things I would never do before. She went to the gym with me for 8 months, helped me discover a love of running, and just encouraged me to keep going.
Ellen and I at a "street food" festival in Austin

So slowly I got healthy. Slowly my body started enjoying the way it felt to run, to elliptical, to do yoga. Then I went to law school. It is exhausting. It is mentally, physically and emotionally exhausting the first couple of semesters. And I became much more stagnant. I was sedentary. And as I became less active, I became more self-critical. The last 6 months or so have been the worst. This blog and this year are all a part of the healing.

With that said, I am excited to be running again. I am excited to be concentrating on being healthy and not being a weight or a size. I am excited to run the half marathon with Ellen (PS she wants to get inked after, so if you have any ideas for tattoos feel free to share your thoughts). I am excited to enjoy all the different aspects of my life and share them with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....