Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Whirlwind weekend!

WOW! I had such an amazing visit with Ellen this weekend. I have tons more photos to share, but two important things happened.




FIRST: I finished!! I finished the half-marathon in 1:58.39 I should say WE finished. I would never have been able to do it without Ellen cheering me on (especially around mile 12). The first 8 miles felt amazing. We had a great pace; we were catching up on all that had happened in the last year and a half; we got a little nostalgic about the couple of years that Ellen lived here. It was awesome. The last 4ish miles were harder. My body was tired. But we finished.

Check off that goal!




SECOND: We got tattoos. YAY! Ellen went first and got an angel on her bicep. She made some pretty painful faces, and I was not sure that I could go through with it. But she held my hand (just like last time) and I got my butterfly. I love it. It is inspired by newness. The old has gone...the new is come. I really like 1 Corinthians 15:52b which says "and we will be changed." The way things are right now-it isn't forever. I hold on to that hope!


More later on what I am learning... what we are doing...Libby and her progress...

NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....