Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday afternoons...

I used to so enjoy Sunday afternoons... We would relax and catch up on TV shows. I would read a book and prep meals for the week. However, this summer, Sunday afternoons have become the day that I do all my homework and iron. Two of my least favorite things.


I do not know why I dislike ironing so much. Whenever possible, I take my wrinkly clothes (that cannot be fixed with more time in the dryer) to my mom. She is always nice and does a great job--THANKS MOM. And now working full time and wearing big-girl clothes, I have to iron every week. EW.

Luckily Corey and I had a really fun Friday/Saturday to make up for the blah Sunday afternoon. Friday night we had a nice date to The Golden Finch. We shared a caprese salad, bowl of crab soup and the mixed seafood grill. It was delicious and out waiter was great! After that we walked all over the downtown campus before getting our first Coldstone of the summer season. We finished up just in time to head to Mountain State Brewing Company to listen to the Sam Lamont Band and hang out with some friends. Saturday was spent OUTSIDE. All day. We participated in Corporate Cup for United Way. It is a really fun weekend where businesses compete in different games. I played softball (hahaha), Corey played horseshoes, and we both played Volleyball. It was great. I am sore!

Tonight, I am chilling with the kiddos and my friend Abby-chipotle and black bean veggie burgers with mixed veggie chips and salsa are on the menu as well as some adult beverages! It will be much needed after the stack of ironing-Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....