Saturday, May 21, 2011

what the kids are learning.

I am a part of a start up church called cityCHURCH. It is small. It is new(ish). It started about a year ago. Everyone pitches in. So children's church is the same way. A month or so ago, a group of women got together to plan what we wanted to teach our kids in church. I am NOT good at kids stuff-despite having my own. I would never have volunteered to do this. However, when you are in a small church, it is all hands on deck. The experience has stretched me beyond what I thought I could do.
So we decided to teach the kids about LOVE. Specifically 1 Corinithians 13. All the attributes. It is patient and kind... it never boasts. Love never fails. It's been on my heart a lot today. God's perfect love never fails. It is the never-ending, never-stopping, FOREVER kind of love. No matter what I do. WOW. How I need to CLING to that. How I need to dive deep into that truth and never come up for air. I can't get away from His love. I feel privileged to share it with 20-25 kiddos too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....