Tuesday, May 10, 2011

playing around...

I am not a designer. That said, I am having fun trying to make my blog my own. It will probably continue to change as I get better at using Picasa-and better at taking photos. But for now, this is the new look of my blog. I like it. Makes me happy. That is what matters right?
this photo also makes me happy.

Today was another day spent in the record room--my blog will be very one-dimensional if I talk about work everyday! But I am excited to get back in the swing of writing down my thoughts and sharing some of myself with the blogging world.

Yesterday I read a really beautiful verse in my Valley of Vision...

May I reach a higher platform,
leave the mists of doubt and fear in the valley
and climb to hill-tops of eternal security in Christ
by simply believing HE CANNOT LIE,
or turn from his purpose

I was struck by the fact that God cannot lie. He can't. It is not in his nature. That means that every promise, every word spoken to me is TRUE and REAL. I can bank on it. Bet all my money on it. I can rest on it, which might be the most important one of all.

I'm also ready to dive into some summer non-law reading. I started with Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom. It's an easy read and refreshing in the sense that I don't have to think very hard to enjoy it. In fact I was enjoying it so much yesterday that I am now slightly sunburnt. Who knew two hours in the sun after 6 months of dark, windowless rooms would not end well?

But I have some bigger fish on deck to fry--The God Father; Brideshead Revisited; Captains and Kings; The Brothers K (again). I am also UP FOR SUGGESTIONS. What should I be reading??

Here are some photos of other things we have been doing as a family since school ended...

There has been a lot of playing outside


and some yummy food inside


the summer is off to a lovely start--can't wait to see what else is in store!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look!
    Seems like you are enjoying life.
    I miss you , and look forward to a coffee date soon, for sure.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my happy....