Monday, July 18, 2011

a lovely quote...


I found this quote on one of my new favorite sites--we <3 it. Lots of photos...tons of word art :) I like this quote because it is just another thing that I need to learn. I think of courage as bravery--fighting valiantly for the things that I believe in. But sometimes...sometimes it is harder to stop fighting, knowing that the battle begins again in the morning.


I have the tendency to think myself a failure if I set a goal and don't achieve it. I set a goal to have no snacks after 8 pm and fail after night 3. I set a goal to only have 2-3 cups of coffee a day and two pots later hate myself and the stupid goal. But really, I tried. I put forth effort. And while today I may not have achieved my goal, I can try again tomorrow. I need this mind set SO MUCH.


Every hiccup is not failure.

Every side-step is not the end of progress.


But it is so hard to get up and start over. Once I "fail", I generally don't get on the wagon again for awhile. So courage really is taking stock of the ways we disappoint ourselves and getting up the next day to start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....