Sunday, April 1, 2012

The day I love the best.

I love Sundays.

It is the day that I get to sleep in - and Corey gets up with the kiddos.

It is the day I get to plan our meals and get our grocery list all ready.

It is the day that I am privileged to go and worship with our Church and dig into the Word together.

It is the day that I prep for meals throughout the week.

I am currently listening to the new Andrew Bird album, making baked oatmeal muffins, and bread and hummus. Sundays are a day of rest. While it seems that my list of activities is anything but rest, I beg to differ. This is my rest. I can relax and knead the dough; the smells of the pumpkin oatmeal puts me in a happy place. Creating yummy and healthy food puts me at ease.  Rest can have all kinds of different manifestations. Mine are here in the kitchen.

In a bit I will have to bite the bullet and do school work, but for right now, I am in my element.

PS--this is an especially special Sunday. It is my dad's birthday. And while we won't be celebrating it until next weekend, I cannot leave him out of this post. Love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....