Saturday, March 31, 2012

A decade


A decade ago I met this guy and we went on our first date--to see Panic Room. It is a wonder we made it to a second date after that terrible movie! A decade later we are hanging out in recliners watching our kiddos play Wii, drinking coffee, and just generally enjoying one another's company. I think that is how I would describe us best--we just genuinely enjoy being around one another. I can't imagine my life without him.

We have been through a lot in our 10 years. We have grieved, mourned and wailed (with me doing most of the wailing-Corey isn't much of a crier). But we have also rejoiced. And laughed. We laugh A LOT.

We have changed over the years too. We've changed addresses; we've changed churches; we've changed hairstyles--the beard is the newest facial hairstyle for him :); The dreams we had when we first met have transformed into new dreams. But with every season, I am reminded that I love this guy-he is my best friend. I'm looking forward to another decade (by then we will have teenagers--pray for us!)

4 comments:

  1. Love those milestones.

    And I hate that I didn't know that you blogged until right now. But I shall be reading now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is that he does complete you (corny, but true) - he brings out the sense of humor that I know you have, but is often hidden under that serious persona. God bless you both - and those 2 beautiful children. I love you all more than you could ever know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He and I are perfect for one another--sometimes he needs a dash of my seriousness. Love you too Mom!

      Delete

comments make my happy....