Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas is *almost* here...

And it snuck up on my for sure.

I don't like to be rushed-hurriedly trying to get things done stresses me out. But Christmas came out of nowhere this year. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I have yet to wrap a present. But this morning I was reminded that Christmas is not about presents. Or rather it is. It is all about one very special gift.

I was reading Romans 6, and the last verse says "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (v23). God's gift to us-his Son.

Christmas is so wonderful because of all the magic surrounding it. The trees light up, the presents appear, all the anticipation and wonder. And the amazing mystery of the birth of a Savior. God's great gift to the world. I am amazed by how He came into the world-a helpless baby, born in a manger. And I am amazed at why. To save me, a sinner. To rescue me, a prodigal. But I am so very thankful for the gift of life that I have been given in Christ. And I hope His love fills all of your festivities and all of your hearts. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my happy....